Managers matter, a lot. Riverin is a new company with the ambitious goal of making managers significantly better at their jobs. People spend as much time with their managers as with their spouses or significant others, yet much of the time the manager/employee relationship isn’t what it could be. As an early member of our engineering team, you’ll play a key role in crafting a tool and service that will make peoples’ everyday work experience better and you’ll also build the organization that makes that happen. We are a very small team but are well funded by some amazing investors including Harrison Metal, BoxGroup, Combine, Eric Ries, and Lee Fixel.
We’re looking for a creative, passionate, and experienced engineer who wants to work on something special from the very beginning. The backend engineer will tackle a wide variety of problems, big and small, and will partner closely with the rest of our team to build a product that thoughtfully balances engineering, user experience, and business.
In this role you will:
- Create, nurture, and grow a new product in a whole new category of software, at the intersection of data and human empathy. Our product is targeted at individual managers (rather than HR) so we’re crafting a consumer-level experience for businesses.
- Lay the foundational groundwork for our engineering systems and practices and make them a reality.
- Build and manage a data-intensive backend at scale that our manager customers will depend on to keep their teams happy.
- Build for now but with a mind towards the future. What you create and the tone you set will shape both the product and what our company is over time.We’d love to hear from you if:
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You want to build a phenomenal product that truly matters to customers.
- You’re a self-starter who loves to take an idea and run with it. We’re a small team with big ambitions and are looking for people who can thrive in that environment.
- You have a strong point of view but are still willing to commit to the decision we make. Sometimes that will be the decision you want but sometimes it won’t.
- You know from experience what it means to build a well-engineered service but you also know when to take the simpler path or carefully considered shortcuts to make sure that our velocity stays high.
- You are a fantastic team member and believe in making those around you better, regardless of discipline.
- Are comfortable (or can quickly get comfortable) with Python, large scale data processing, and NLP.
At Riverin you’ll be part of an experienced and dedicated team that has the right mix of vision and pragmatism to create an end to end product that people will love. Come join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org